Author Topic: Laser manufacturers for SLR  (Read 3635 times)

January 25, 2023, 09:01:35 AM

ArttuR-H

• View Profile
Laser manufacturers for SLR
« on: January 25, 2023, 09:01:35 AM »
Hello all,
I thought I will also ask from here for suggestions for suitable SLR lasers, as they seem rather hard to find and get.
Even though our station hasn't been operational for almost two decades (!), our HighQ 2kHz laser is degrading and spare parts are hard to get, hence we are looking for a replacement with somewhat similar specs (kHz, ~10ps, ~0.5mJ). The response from HiqhQ was that they are not providing any support or new suitable models.
So I've been asking around at ILRS meetings etc. and found out about Passat LTD, Ekspla, Innolas, Photonics, maybe Alphalas, I'm shure that there are other options as well, so does someone have some great suggestion which they would like to share?
I believe that our station is not the only one who are looking for a new laser.
All help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Arttu, Metsähovi 

February 02, 2023, 10:57:55 AMReply #1

Matt Wilkinson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Laser manufacturers for SLR
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 10:57:55 AM »
Hi Arttu

Thanks for posting this. We are also thinking at Herstmonceux about our next laser and looking at the choices out there. Our HighQ 2kHz laser works, but is no longer supported.

Some options:

If you can decide what fire rates and pulse energies you want then the choices become easier. We would also be interested in IR operations.

Matt