Author Topic: orbitNP.py - orbit adjustment and normal point software  (Read 594 times)

December 14, 2018, 12:46:06 PM

Matt Wilkinson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
orbitNP.py - orbit adjustment and normal point software
« on: December 14, 2018, 12:46:06 PM »
Dear all

The orbit adjustment and normal point formation software orbitNP.py is now available for download on the ILRS Software webpage: https://ilrs.cddis.eosdis.nasa.gov/technology/software/index.html

It was developed from FORTRAN code at the SGF, Herstmonceux UK. It includes a README file and an open source license.

A Python3 installation is required, with Matplotlib, NumPy and SciPy (>0.17) libraries.

OrbitNP.py runs from the command line and can process full-rate CRD files or raw epoch-range data using a corresponding CPF prediction file. Please see the examples in the README file. Post any issues here and I will help to resolve them.

To see the code, open it in a text viewer. If you find any bugs, errors or typos please let me know.  I would welcome any assistance to develop this code. 

I hope this is useful to the community as an analysis tool and example code for reducing SLR data.

Matt

February 26, 2019, 12:00:48 AMReply #1

dmai

• View Profile
Re: orbitNP.py - orbit adjustment and normal point software
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »
But there is one question.
According to the format description (https://ilrs.cddis.eosdis.nasa.gov/docs/2018/crd_v2.00h-4e.pdf):
   I1 Epoch Event - indicates the time event reference
takes a position 5, hence in python it should be 4.
In the program in line 741 is used 5.

elif a[0]=='10':
    if(Unfilter) | (a[5] == '2'):

Is it correct? Did I understand correctly?

Best wishes, Andrew.

February 27, 2019, 09:01:35 AMReply #2

Matt Wilkinson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: orbitNP.py - orbit adjustment and normal point software
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:01:35 AM »
Hi Andrew

No, I checked and 5 is correct.

It is not the 'Epoch Event' flag that i am using here, but the next entry called the 'Filter Flag'. 

Thanks.  Let me know how you get on
Matt